Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Saturday, June 09, 2012

The Big Cheese in Leon


We arrived at Leon about 8:45 am and the first thing I did was have coffee. It was a two hour ride and I was afraid to drink coffee before the trip because there is no toilet and there are no stops. Coffee was number one on my mind. After an enjoyable breakfast with Fred and Judi, we walked to Hostal Don Suero, where we were able to leave our bags until check in at 12:30.


The rest of the group had already made it. Joe and I went out to do some business until check-in. We found VodAfone and bought minutes for our phones.

We then walked back to the bus station to confirm our tickets. At this time the agent told us our bus left at 7:30 am instead of 10:30, which we had originally been told.

I walked back to the hotel at noon and as people arrived I gave them the news that they should be at the station early!

About one hour later, ALSA called to tell me their window agent had made a mistake! Tomorrow is Sunday and the first bus IS at 10:30 a.m.!!

So I again walked to the station to confirm. ALSA does not answer phones...ever!

Sometimes Spain feels like being in the twilight zone. It wouldn't be so bad, but now I had to leave messages for 15 people telling them the time was again 10:30 a.m.!

I have only one thing to say...'In THEORY' we will leave for Astorga tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. And then walk to Rabanal del Camino, about 23 kilometers

For most of us it should be east but we have two walkers who are moving slow due to injuries and they may need a taxi.

Dinner, which was planned for 7 pm will be put off until all have safely arrived. Hopefully, that won't be too late!


Fred and Judi threw a spontaneous tea-party this afternoon for the walkers and Bob brought his awesome chunk of Manchego cheese to go with the bottle of sparkling Cava wine and beautiful cookies provided by Fred and Judi. I'm jealous. That is some GOOD cheese! Thanks, folks; we had a nice visit.

For more photos of the city and Cathedral, see blog posts on Leon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.