Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Santo Domingo del Calzada

The rain continues and we are cold and wet but happy to be on The Way.

Tonight in Santo Domingo, 
I made the mistake of sleeping in the Albergue run by the Cistercian nuns.
 I had not stayed here before. 
And I will not stay here again. 

It was only 5 euros
 but for donativo I could have stayed in
 the nice modern new albergue up the road. 
Several of my roommates have left to stay there.
 I will stick it out but it is cold, damp, dirty,
 and the water is not hot. 

Tomorrow I wanted to stay at Viloria. 
I called but she said it was not possible.
I don't know if that means they are closed or complete. 
So I will walk to Belorado. 
Im still feeling punky so if its blowing rain 
i will bus to Granon and walk from there. 

No problem with breastfeeding in Spain!
Even the  Virgin Mother can do it in church!
Very nice Sun/Moon piece
The church art in Spain is meant to evoke emotion.
It does.

And yes, there really ARE chickens in the church!

Santo Domingo itself is great. 
The church is worth seeing.
 Lots of great art.  

But take my advice and stay at the Municipal. It's a better deal. 




The kitchen was actually the highlight of the albergue.

Waiting to get in.

I shared a spartan room with one bicigrina




3 comments:

  1. Sad. That was where I stayed in '11. I don't know so much (then!) as dirty as worn. Very worn, tired and in need to help, either volunteers or something. But the joyful dinner we had there in that funky weird little kitchen, couldn't be beat! Ah well. Here's to better times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at this post in some time. It could have just been a bad day at the albergue :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.