Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

To Melide Today

The walk from Eirexe to Melide was 23 kilometers but not difficult. A few gentle hills and a short ugly stretch through an industrial area at the end. But for the most part, shady and green. 

I'm trying out Albergue Pereira here. 10 euros for a dorm bed. It's clean and new, with a good kitchen, laundry, and sala. 

Photos in next post

I passed some interesting places today. First, giant ants adorn the albergue in Portos, just 2.2 k past Eirexe. This looks like a nice clean place. It has 10 beds and there is a nearby bar for dinner and desayuno. 

Lunch was Caldo Gallego in Palas de Rei where I also found this cool sculpture of people dancing. 

That guy is still looking for Laura. I hope he finds her before he runs out of chalk and green doors! 

I saw several of these old style woven horreos.  They are used to dry andstore  maize. 

Next, I stopped at the church in Lobreiro to snag another photo of the penis (yup, I said penis) sculpted on the side and guess what?!  It is GONE!  I almost feel as bad as when the Taliban blew up the Buddhas!  I'm sure this is the church!  I took a photo in September. I will have to go look for it. It appears they have removed that stone completely and replaced it with a boring plain old stone. Wonder of wonders!

Well, at least they left the Virgin and Child  on the wall!  











1 comment:

All comments are moderated.