Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Astorga

We are loving Astorga!  
Such a pretty town 
and we are staying at The Hotel Spa Ciudad de Astorga.
 It's beautiful!



We spend a lot of time taking photos of our food!  Here are some pics of our lunch at - oh!  I can't remember the name!  I'll post it later. Barbara will know! She has become our chief navigator and is the person I ask when I need directions. That girl always has a map on her hands!  Above is Barbara in front of the Gaudi Palace. Looks like Cinderella's castle. 

A hot garbanzo salad. 

Ensalada Mixta

Mushroom soup with shrimp. 

Big juicy hake steak

Spaghetti 

Bacalau (salt cod)

This blog is becoming a food blog!

After lunch we went shopping. I had to buy an umbrella. I left mine in Logrono. Also, my wool undershirt bit the dust so I replaced it with a bamboo one. Bamboo! Sounds so bizarre. But it is soft and warm and the man promised it would last longer than the smartwool. 

We found Chantal the perfect backpack!

And I made a date with Merlin.  I , after all, husband hunting!  He promise to help me out!


We stayed in the square to watch the clock strike.  Turned out to be a non-event and nothing to write home about. I though those figures were going to chase each other around, not just strike the bell. Oh well. Now I can say I saw it. :)

Last stop was the supermarket for picnic supplies. Tomorrow we walk to Rananal del Camino. 

I'm ready!

Buen Camino!
Annie
















2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to post the name of that restaurant! I'd fly to Spain today just for that ensalada mixta.

    JGE+

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.