Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, June 05, 2014

To Ponferrada

Today, on the way to Ponferrada I made a pit stop at the municipal Albergue in Molinaseca. 

What did I find in the yard but this extremely talented woodcarver working on an incredible Buddha he was carving into a living walnut tree!  The artist is from Japan and I'm sad to say the danged autocorrect on my iPhone has misspelled his name to the point I can't figure it out. If you know, please post it. 



We had a nice easy walk today. Pat and Chantal made friends with a family of statues and Barbara made us laugh wooing the second statue man! She keeps us in stitches, that's for sure!  We love her!




Everyone got checked into their hotel and I found my room, had lunch, and treated myself to a long, hot bath!

Heaven !

My toe is better today. I had heard of a blister treatment technique where you pull a thread through the blister using a threaded needle, and leave the thread hanging to pull the moisture out. I tried it. Seems to have helped. Time will tell. 

Tomorrow looks like rain for our walk to Villafranca.  I'm going to try to get out of here early so maybe I can at least make it to Cacabelos before the rain starts. 

Buen Camino!
Annie







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.